mercredi 22 juin 2016

Replacement screen quality and sources

Hey guys / gals,

My OnePlus story is a long one so I'll keep it short. I've replaced the screen on my OnePlus One 4 times. The first time was about a year ago when I dropped it after drinking lots of scotch, since then I've busted the screen in a variety of ways.

First time I busted the screen Oneplus quoted me $163 for repair.
Anyhow I've been ordering my replacement screens from Ebay and Aliexpress. My experience is less than great, shipping time is over a month, although the cost is generally less than 35-40 dollars, and a couple have been in the neighborhood of $25.

This last time I had to replace my screen I got one where the digitizer acts up randomly. I have show touches enabled, frankly because I like the little white circle chasing my thumb around but it also has practical purposes too; like showing me when my screen is having a seizure. My theory with the current screen (the moody one) is that the ribbon cable is slightly too long and it's either causing a pinch or the connector gets knocked out of place ever so slightly. I'll see 8-10 of the little white touch circles dancing around at the bottom of my screen sometimes, and other times my screen has very fragmented response and will only pickup tiny quick touches, no gestures or swipes.

My method for testing the screen after installing is using snapchat

So my question to you is where do you source your screens from? How do you rate the quality when compared to the original screen? What cost is reasonable to you?

Thanks folks!

Sincerely,

The guy who can't have nice things.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA-Developers mobile app


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/28NmvSq
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire