mardi 2 août 2016

SMS App and/or Settings that work with Sprint Visual Voicemail

I am now running CM12.1 on my Photon Q. I successfully installed and provisioned Sprint-VVM-M.apk (version T.7.0.0.16)

When I get a Voicmail, an SMS message shows up in my messaging app from (650)603-0000. Here is an example of one I dialed in from google voice on my laptop:

Quote:

unknown@emaildoman.comverse has sent you a Sprint Voice Message. To listen call 650-603-0000 or click http://ift.tt/2aj8iwr
Calling 6506030000 results in a busy signal. Clicking on the link, opens Firefox at the mentioned URL. There is a box with a play icon. When I click it, the page refreshes, but I hear nothing in my phone. There is a SmithMicro Software logo and copyright message at the bottom of the screen.

The message does not show up in the VVM inbox. I found this thread on the Sprint community forums regarding this issue.

Quote:

reply by JPSquared from Dec 16, 2011 10:21 PM

... you are using a third party text messaging program which is intercepting the notification to the Voicemail app before it can hide it ...

If you are using a third party text messaging app (GoSMS, ChompSMS, etc), depending on the application many of them will have an option that needs to be adjusted to correct this. If you are using one, let me know and I can see if I can locate that setting for you. Alternatively, if you do search on here or Google, you can likely find someone with the same app and same issue and how they fixed it.
Evidently these messages are supposed to be handed off from the SMS app to the Visual Voicemail app. The original poster was using GoSMS. They could not figure out how to change the settings mentioned above; so, he opted to switch to Google Voice.

I had been using SMS + MMS Messages from SMS & Messages Studios from the play store. I uninstalled it and am now using the default messaging app in CM 12.1.

Does anyone have a clue what settings JPSquared might have been referring to?

Will the default SMS in CM 12.1 let me change that?

If not is anyone using an sms app that successfully hands off messages from 650-603-0000 to the VVM app? Could you tell me the SMS app and version and the VVM app version you are using that work together?


Postscript notes & thoughts:

In the default SMS app, I can set a specific ringtone for the 6506030000 conversation:D
... but, if I delete the conversation rather than individual notifications in it, it reverts to default for the next message :(

In my SMS, I also see messages from 9016. These appear to be meant to turn on / off the message waiting indicator. I assume these should also be passed to the VVM app. VVM should set my light to blue if this works, but are no such luck.

When I have a message waiting, I see "MWI Notif turnOn" when I have Voicemail waiting. When the mail box is empty, I get one that says "MWI Notif turnOff"


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aj81d7
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire