mardi 2 août 2016

G4 (H815) on ST not passing data when tethered (WiFi or USB)

I have a G4 (H815) on Straight-Talk that simply will not pass any mobile data through its WiFi hotspot or USB port.

Back in late May, I used my G3 (D855) WiFi hotspot to set up my new G4 when I first got it. (I am very rural in WY and have HughesNet for "broadband". HSPA+ is >5 times faster, so I always use my phone's hotspot when I need to set up a new Android device and need a few hundred MB through PlayStore.) After I installed and set up the majority of my apps, I removed the µSIM from my G3 and slid it into the G4, then set up the APN and all seemed well.

A couple weeks later, HughesNet went down and I needed to do something online. Without a worry, I started my new G4's hotspot as I used to do with my G3, but everything I connected to it said there was no internet connection. I tried USB-tethering too, and that wouldn't pass any data either. I then put that µSIM back into my G3 (which had worked fine just two weeks prior) and that D855 hotspot no longer worked either (nor on USB-tethering). Next, I tried my Nexus 5 which also always worked when I needed it, but it no longer worked either.

I honestly thought ST had shut down tethering (which they clearly state they prohibit in their EULA). I had never worried about that before because I only used it as a backup when HughesNet went down. My max tethering usage was never more than a couple hundred MB a month, but generally none at all. I happened to speak with a friend this morning with a Gen 2 Moto G on ST, and her tethering still works fine and she uses it daily.

It's like the act of placing my existing (and previously working) µSIM in my new G4 unprovisioned the µSIM for tethering in ANY device. Is that possible? Is there any solution to this?

Thanks so much for any thoughts!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2b0htU7
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire